Call Connection Service Inland Revenue: 0870 042 0477 Calls cost 13p/min + your network's access charge. We are not affiliated with Inland Revenue.

Phone Inland Revenue (former name of HMRC) on their UK contact number 0300 200 3300 (standard rate) and via 0870 042 0477 (at 13p/minute + access charge) to enquire about your income tax, self-assessment tax and national insurance contributions, therefore if you believe you have overpaid on your tax bill you should call these helplines.

The Inland Revenue was until 2005 the name of HMRC. To contact HMRC about a tax matter, simply call 0300 200 3300 – these are general enquiries phone numbers.

You can also find a specific tax sub-department of HMRC’s customer services via their overview contact page:

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, formerly the Inland Revenue, are the government department responsible for collecting tax. Customer care has become a greater priority than ever for HMRC, with managers keen for staff to offer quality support to taxpayers.